Thursday, February 19, 2009

This just in. . .

Memo
Attention: All people who have their web logs set to private

This just in: you are not nearly as important/cool as you think you are. Please, please, get over yourselves. You are not The Fonz, neither are you James Dean. You should be thrilled that someone wants to understand your theories and philosophies on life--I mean, you are not exactly this generation's Plato. Furthermore, you should be thrilled that someone wants to know what you have been up to and learn about the minutia of your days--after all, you are not a Beatle.

And as for fear of stalkers--don't flatter yourself.

Surprised,

Conrad

9 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow...

daniela said...

Joke.

Scott said...

Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

That was my Fonz impersonation.

Anonymous said...

I'm more flattered that you care so much to take the time to write about us cool private people...
Thank you,

Unknown said...

well put. there is nothing i like more than when people are willing to take the risk of offending people on their blogs. i mean that with sincerity of heart! it makes me so happy. and i think you have a really good point. and it was good to hear from you!

mare said...

hi conrad. this is excellent. mainly because it is the exact same speech my husband gave me when i told him that my CIA friend said we were stupid for not being private. now rob (said husband) has a man-crush on you.
also,your post about paige davis brought me nigh unto tears. my dad is always saying how cute she is, and i want to tear her happy little face off. not really. that's a bit dramatic. but she does make me throw up a little.

mare said...

oh, and i think it is necessary to say that some people are just that cool. my son for instance. and his private blog.

Anonymous said...

In an extra response to this.... My concern is not if I offend people, but that fact that I have had "issues" with someone not necessarily stalking (although the HR director at my work said it was) but with inappropratly looking at my pictures, uploading them, and then later threatening me... Then showing up to my games, finding out where my dad works... Anyway, there is more to it but I was in debate of making mine non-private then everything with this individual came out and so I have my reasons...

Heather and Jake said...

Amen.

Stopped reading people's who switch over long ago...way too much work.

Ours is www.jakeandheatheryospe.blogspot.com

If you want an invite, just let me know-jk

Now if they can just figure out how to get rid of these word verification thngs, to leave a comment.